1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate up to 11 bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
MY 11 FACTS OF ME-NESS:
1. I was on a TV game show called Figure-It-Out on Nickelodeon when I was little. Here's the link to the episode. It's no longer viable blackmail, HA!
2. I've won a cosplay contest! I dressed up as Fionna from Adventure Time (and a friend was Prince Bubblegum) and played the theme song on a ukelele.
3. I've climbed Mt. Fuji. And the only thing that got me to the top were the stamps you could get branded on to your walking stick at each of the stations. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
4. Speaking of, I still have all of my Pokemon cards, still organized by type and evolution.
5. I'm such a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, but when I visited Stone Henge while living in England, I could feel an inexplicable energy. It was surreal. And then the hordes of people ruined it.
6. I've kissed the blarney stone. It's a lot higher up than they tell you and you have to bend over a gaping hole backwards to kiss it.
7. I'm a huge dino nerd. Ever since I saw Jurassic Park in theaters when I was 3 y/o (way to go mom!). My favorite dinosaur is parasaurolophus.
8. I have reoccurring nightmares about being chased by a t-rex and velociraptors through a football stadium or an elementary school...even though I love dinosaurs...and I'm 27-freaking-years-old.
9. I sleep talk. Horribly. When I lived in Japan I would teach classes in my sleep. In Japanese. I don't actually know Japanese.
10. My dad used to drive race cars. He holds a lot of the track records in Florida. My childhood smells like burnt rubber and exhaust fumes.
11. I'm allergic to all these: bananas, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, almonds, avocados, walnuts, and cats.
And here are my questions from m'lady Brainerd:
1. What’s your biggest regret? (We’re starting off deep here, apparently)
Not finishing SOUL BOUND sooner and querying it when vampires where at the height of the market. I have NO doubt in my mind it would've been snapped up back then.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
A dolphin, hands down. They have a whole ocean to explore. And they have sex for fun. Hehe.
3. What’s your dream writing space?
Honestly, I love writing in cafes. I like the hustle and bustle. A table on the second story, next to a window so I can people watch the streets: perfection.
4. What author are you currently learning from/being inspired by?
Leigh Bardugo. Six of Crows was a masterful juggling act of a brilliantly diverse and unique cast of characters. I learned so much about balancing character perspectives/personalities and creating dynamics between each of them.
5. What’s your biggest writer goal you’re working on right now?
Finishing this new WIP. I'm really enjoying writing it and can't wait to finish, get it edited up nice and purdy, then send it out to CPs and betas!
6. What’s your biggest life goal you’re working on right now?
Moving back to England and getting some roots planted. I've been a bit of a wanderer and it's about time I have a stable, consistent life. For a little while anyways ;)
7. If you could change your eye color, what would you want it to be? Strange colors totally allowed.
OH OH I LOVE THIS QUESTION! Either two different colored eyes or any shade of grey. Same with my hair! The grey, not the different colors. Don't think I could pull that off...
8. Who’s your current/favorite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Inej Ghafa from SIX OF CROWS. We would have late night talks about the world and life and then cuddle. Then she'd teach me how to be an assassin of the night.
9. If you could get one material item right now without having to pay for it, what would it be?
My own private jet. So I could travel anywhere in the world.
10. Outside of writing, what’s your dream job?
Environmental vigilante. Seriously. Sabotaging construction equipment or taking big construction companies to court. Like environmental espionage!
11. Finally, any exciting book release/promotion stuff going on? And if you’re still wandering in unpublished land like me: what’s a recent writing/life epiphany you’ve had?
That I don't HAVE to get my first novel published. For some reason I had it in my head that if I couldn't get my first (and only) novel agented and published, I had no chance at ever being a published author.
And now for my questions!
1. Where is your favorite place to write?
2. Who would play your MC if your MS got turned into a movie?
3. Is there a book you will always/happily reread?
4. Is there a genre you would love to write in, but feel you're not ready/equipped for right now?
5. What's the worst part about writing for you?
6. What would be your X-Men name and abilities?
7. Who is/are your favorite book character pairing(s)?
8. Name one guilty-pleasure TV show or book you watch/read.
9. What's your favorite source of writing inspiration/motivation? (Either a quote, or book, or person, or yoga position, whatever does it for you!)
10. If you could co-write a book with one author, who would it be?
11. What's your biggest strength as a writer? (Seriously! Toot your own horn! Toot toot!)
THAT WAS SO FUN! Thank you, Rebekkah! I hope we're all famous authors one day that get to do these kinds of Q&As all the time!